Okay, so you have a new website or even an older one. Do know how Google is seeing your website? With Google Webmasters tools you can check the health of your website and keep your site from major errors with Google Search.
The most important part of having a webmaster tools account is to make sure your robots.txt file is searchable by Google and view any crawl errors and 404 errors. Those can be fixed easily by your developer who is knowledgeable in redirects and how to fix those errors in webmaster tools (like me).
How To Set Up a Google Webmaster Tools Account
- Where to Sign Up for Google Webmaster Tools: https://www.google.com/webmasters/. You need a Google account to do this.
- After you sign in, click on add a site.
- Verify that you’re the owner of the site by doing one of the following: (this step is where I have my clients send me the file to upload to their server).
- Upload a file to your server
- Add a meta tag to your website’s HTML
- Add a new DNS record
- Use your Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager account
Once you’ve done this, you can start to manage and monitor your website!